Thursday, April 29, 2010

Drummer Boy Valentine

You sit looking at strange symbols, a language of its own,
a world I cannot enter.
I watch as you concentrate, forever trying to hold back desire.
We sit only a few feet apart yet I am invisable for your thoughts are dancing to paradiddles and there is no space for the girl sitting in the same room.
The silence is broken only by the consistency of your metronome as it ticks in syncronicity with the beat of my heart
Once again I am amazed by your intensity, and the aesthetic of your rhythmn rushes with the pulsing of my blood.
The beauty of your strife for perfection enforces my belief in your ambition
but I know that I am alone and I wait for the abandonment that surely will come with your success.
I know that I am alone with only the beating of my own heart.
Oh Drummer boy, let me travel with you as you soar to your dreams, for my love longs for your embrace.

written in 1974  to RS

No comments:

Post a Comment